We’re looking for DevOps candidates who are ready to get their hands dirty, are as passionate about industrial IoT and energy storage, and have the drive required to bring new energy storage systems to market!
You’ll be managing, enhancing, and scaling the Client’s platform, which turns supermarkets into an intelligent energy management service. You will bring our cutting-edge physical modeling, machine learning, and energy management algorithms to life, creating a real-world impact on the Client’s customers’ energy savings as well as promoting responsible energy management to combat climate change – all at enterprise scale.
- Strong experience working in Agile environments including substantial experience working with large distributed teams in Scrum or Kanban environments
- Manage, enhance, and scale the Client’s platform. Generate and maintain best practices; design and implement new features; expand to enterprise-scale capability and robustness.
- Create workflows to quickly and reliably release sophisticated software at scale while reducing downtime and risk, from the IoT edge to data analysis services and web apps.
- Engineer reliability and scale into Client’s software, moving from handfuls to thousands of customer sites (blue/green development, staging environments, etc).
- Leverage the skills of the Client’s unique and exceptional hardware/software cross-functional staff to create innovative solutions to physical engineering challenges.
- Be the subject matter expert at the Client’s on all things DevOps. Provide technical leadership to a growing software team.
- Directly help develop key software services from the IoT edge to the cloud.
- Generate metrics to drive beautiful and intuitive displays of energy savings data in the Client’s web apps.
- B.S. in any computer science, engineering, or similar discipline (and/or equivalent).
- Proficient/advanced level of English (B2 or higher).
- 2+ years experience implementing DevOps methodology.
- Interested in learning and contributing to a wide variety of software projects, including web backend, IoT edge, creative data analysis, and control using machine learning algorithms.
- Excited about writing excellent code and applying software best practices.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough problems.
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, industrial IoT, and energy storage.
- Experience with Docker (containers, compose, orchestration, etc.).
- Infrastructure automation (terraform).
- Web service building blocks (ex. load balancers, haproxy, nginx, VPCs, etc).
- AWS (Route 53, VPC, IAM, Lambda, S3, ECS, Kinesis, Firehose, CLI, console,Organizations).
- Web security (SSL, authentication schemes, certificate management, VPN, etc).
- Databases: noSQL (mongodb).
- Deployment workflows: CI/CD (circleCI).
- Linux, bash, git.
- REST API design and documentation.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- TDD frameworks (nosetests, pytest, unittest, etc).
- Databases: timeseries (influxdb, Timestream), graph (Neptune, neo4j).
- Multi-tenant service architecture.
- “Cloudnostic” architecture design.
- Basic software development, preferably in Python.
Connect with us!