The primary role of the System Administrator is to oversee and maintain all aspects of a company’s technology infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems. The System Administrator will also upgrade and install new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network.
The IT Administrator might also monitor the use of email, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed.
- 5-7 years in a similar role.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a communication-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough background and knowledge of the principles of IT, including computer hardware and software, network (LAN and WAN,TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN), server, to effectively carry out the IT responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the design, installation, maintenance and operation of network, servers, computers, hardware and software and other workstations as needed.
- Demonstrated understanding of Best Management Practices (BMP) related to sales and customer service.
- Strong knowledge and clear understanding of Company products and processing equipment.
- Excellent planning and organizing and project management skills.
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business, market and Company conditions.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer software.
- Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills. Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server platform / infrastructure, such as Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Hybrid Exchange server, DFS, File Servers, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of VMWare infrastructure, such as ESXi vSphere, vCenter.
- Strong knowledge of Server and networking infrastructure security.
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS devices.
- Strong network foundation skill with Fortinet firewall management preferred.
- Knowledge of networking L-2 and L-3 switch / router.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 cloud management such as Azure AD, SharePoint, Outlook, MS Teams.
- Knowledge of VoIP phone system management (ideally Mitel).
- Knowledge of backup system in virtual environment – VEEAM.
- Knowledge of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS.
- General understanding of AWS management.
- General understanding of Disaster Recovery process.
Nice to have:
- A strong learning orientation to quickly acquire new techniques, tools and methods.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented with strong execution drive.
- Keen interest in learning technology, training and continuous development.
- Team-oriented, actively participating to foster collaboration with peers.
- High energy, excellent interpersonal, communication and influence skills.
- Ability to drive change including stakeholder analysis, communication plan and measurement strategy.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
Connect with us!